Intake Specialist APPLY NOW
Care2U is a fast-growing healthcare startup providing on demand, in-home, urgent, and acute care for New York City & Long Island residents focusing on providing a patient-centered care experience. Our expertise in Emergency Room Utilization, Telehealth, and Population health means earlier intervention during illness and lower emergency department utilization for our patients. Our goal is to keep patients in their homes and out of the hospital.
The Patient Intake Specialist will help manage both urgent and ongoing care needs for our patients. The Intake Specialist will support our Field Staff and use effective communication to support the day-to day operations .This is an entry-level position with room for growth.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Answer phones and call patients to confirm appointments
- Following up with patients via phone and email
- Schedule appointments using medical software
- Communicating with patient's care team members keeping them informed
- Make our patients feel welcomed and valued
- Scanning and linking documents in patients chart
- Proficient in EMR use
- Register patient/collect copay/deductible
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service at all times
- Arranging home visits for clinical field providers
- Ensure our patients needs are being met
- Dispatching field staff
- Provide field units with information about orders, traffic, obstacles and requirements
- Monitor the route and status of field units to coordinate and prioritize their schedule
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to relate effectively with many types of individuals.
- Ability to write and speak clearly and persuasively to deliver first class customer service.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work independently.
- Experience and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, specifically Word and Excel.
- Sound judgement and critical thinking
- Call center experience preferred
Care2U is an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 - $20.00 per hour
Expected hours: 36 – 40 per week
- AD&D insurance
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Opportunities for advancement
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- Medical office
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Every weekend
- Extended hours
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
- Weekends only
High school or equivalent (Required)
Work Location: In person